This Summer Won't be the Same At Happen's Toy Lab
Every summer at Happen's Toy Lab we prepare to build more than a thousand toys for the children taking part in summer day camps all across the Cincinnati area. This summer the continued public health risk surrounding the Corona virus outbreak have caused a major disruption for us and the camps and daycares we serve.
Mandated adjustments to class size and restrictions on field trips mean that we have to rethink how we can provide activities to camps in search of engaging and entertaining activities for their campers this summer.
Please call Happen, Inc. at 513-751-2345 if you'd like more information or to book your Remote Toy Building activity or complete the form on this page and we will contact you.
Creative, Convenient and Contactless.
Remote Toy Building
We love building toys here at Happen's Toy Lab and are sad that we won't be able to welcome big groups of creative kids into the Toy Lab this summer. Even so we are determined to share the magic of upcycled toys with everyone even if it has to happen from a distance. So we are announcing our Remote Toy Building activity where we bring finished, custom toys toy your location for each of your campers. See the details below.
1. After you book your Remote Toy Building session we will email you a number of worksheets for you and your students to prepare for your live video presentation session with a Happen's Toy Lab professor.
2. We will host a 15-20 minute live video presentation with your students to introduce them to how we turn old parts into new toys through "Upcycling" after which we will collect a toy name and superpowers from each student for their finished toy.
3. Our toy professors will use the names and superpowers from your students as inspiration to create their own custom toy from our collection of thousands of donated toy parts.
4. Next our professors will take a photo of all new toys for our online toy gallery and record a video announcement of all of the newly created toys in your group.
5. Toys will be cleaned and delivered to your location to be distributed by your staff. You'll also receive a link to the toy announcement video to share with your students.
Happen's Remote Custom Toys is available to day camps, schools and summer camps within a 40 mile radius of our facility in Cincinnati. The Custom Toy activity costs $12.00 per participant plus a $50.00 production and delivery charge. Toy delivery will take place within two-weeks of your live video presentation. For groups with more than one class of nine students Happen's Toy Lab may need to schedule more than one live video presentation, we will work with your group to complete the presentation as efficiently as possible.
Please call Happen, Inc. at 513-751-2345 or click this link and fill out the info form for more information or to book your group visit. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
“This was an excellent visit and the project was super! We love programs that encourage imagination and creativity.
We will be back-
it was a great experience…”
“Our children at Rainbow Childcare Center had an amazing time. Ms. Emily was totally amazing, as well as the other staff!
We will book again :)”
“The Toy Lab was nothing but generous and accommodating after we needed to reschedule our field trip on very short notice and we thank you!”
“Loved how hands-on the entire experience was.
It really allowed the children to be creative and explore problem solving skills. We also loved how patient the ‘professors’ were with the children & how they focused on each child as an individual”
“...We really love your commitment
to your community.”